This pea pesto is a regular guest at our dinner table. It gets used on pasta, on boiled potatoes, on grilled fish or chicken. It is also sometimes eaten with pita bread of by the spoonful. By a toddler. And my husband. So, that is basically all you need to know about how good this is. If you like parsley, lemon & garlic (and cheap & easy), then this is your
jam, err, pesto.
- 1/3 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/3 cup slightly thawed frozen peas
- 1/4 cup packed flat leaf parsley
- 1 medium sized clove garlic
- juice of one lemon (more or less to taste)
- zest of 1/2 lemon (more or less to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste or additional lemon juice if desired.
- Seal and store in fridge for 5 days or use immediately.
- If using as a pesto for pasta or boiled potatoes, I add an additional 2/3 cup of frozen peas directly into the steaming but drained pasta/potatoes, folding them gently into the hot item for a few minutes before incorporating the pesto. It's a no-cook, no-fuss way to add extra peas!